- PayPal Confirms Data Breach and Warns Users PayPal has recently issued a warning to some of its customers that their accounts have been breached and some sensitive data has been compromised. On December 20, 2022, an unauthorized third-party accessed a number of PayPal accounts. The company investigated the incident and determined that the breach occurred between December 6 and December 8, 2022. As a result, the personal information of certain users, such as name, address, Social Security number, individual tax identification number, and/or date of birth, may have been accessed by the third party.
PayPal has taken several steps to protect the security of its customers’ accounts. They... Continue reading
- Zoom Virtual Events Get Major Upgrade with New Sessions Tool In recent years, the use of virtual events has become increasingly popular. From conferences to webinars, businesses are turning to online platforms to host their events. To meet the growing demand, Zoom has released a new event management tool to help digital event organizers create engaging sessions without the costs of a more expensive platform.
The new Zoom Sessions offering allows for custom branding, analytics, and more for a better Return on Investment (ROI). Event organizers can create customized experiences for their participants, from choosing the layout of the event page to selecting the best engagement tools. It also allows for... Continue reading
- Sharechat Cuts 20 Percent of Employees Due to Investor Demands to Cut Costs ShareChat, an Indian short video-sharing platform backed by Google and Temasek, has laid off around 20% of its employees as the startup industry faces increasing pressure from investors to reduce costs. In 2020, ShareChat's parent company raised $300 million (roughly Rs. 2400 crore) in a fundraising round that valued the social media firm at nearly $5 billion (roughly Rs. 40,700 crores). This news highlights how digital adoption in India is being affected by increased competition and cost-cutting measures from investors.
The recent layoffs come amid a turbulent stock market environment that has pushed down tech shares across the globe. Last year,... Continue reading
- Google Will Improve the Stadia Controller by Adding Bluetooth Support Soon The final days of Google's Stadia are upon us, and it looks like gamers will be able to continue using their Stadia Controllers on other gaming systems. Google recently announced that it plans to upgrade Stadia Controllers with Bluetooth support, allowing them to be connected to other gaming devices. This is great news for gamers and should help reduce e-waste. In this article, we'll look at how Google's plans will work and what it means for existing Stadia owners.
Google's Stadia Controller was designed to connect directly to the company's servers over Wi-Fi, minimizing critical lag. However, so far, there hasn't... Continue reading
- Epic Games Store Facing Technical Issues After Christmas Free Game Offer The Epic Games Store has become an annual tradition for offering free games during the holidays. However, this year's free game offer has been so popular that it caused server crashes and technical issues across the store. Many users have had difficulty accessing the free game, while others have been forced to log in multiple times and reload their purchase attempts.
One of the most popular games being offered was Metro Last Light Redux, which was available for 24 hours on Christmas Eve. Despite its popularity, many users were met with errors saying that servers were down entirely or they were... Continue reading
- 5 Most Strongest GTA Protagonists Over the many years of GTA's existence, the game has been constantly adding new characters, some of whom are especially remembered by fans for their strong character and rich life story. The main characters are an important part of any game because they are the mainstay of the fan base and the overall impression of the game. Let's take a closer look at the 5 main protagonists of the Grand Theft Auto.
Huang Lee from GTA Chinatown Wars takes an honorable fifth place. Born in China in the family of a Triad leader, the guy initially did not show great promise,... Continue reading
- Why Is Warzone 2 Riddled With Negative Reviews From Fans and Critics? CoD Warzone 2 turned out to be the project that resulted in very bad reviews from the players. In the reviews on the largest gaming platforms Metacritic and Steam, angry fans do not hesitate to describe in detail all of the shortcomings of the game. And even despite the fact that the game was released on November 16, it has received a flurry of criticism over the past two weeks.
For those who have not yet played Warzone 2, the precedent that an online shooter received 6,000 negative reviews out of 9,000 seems unthinkable. And this situation can be traced not... Continue reading
- Google Сreates a Giant AI-Language Model With Support for 1,000 World Languages The search giant has been working on artificial intelligence (AI) for years and is now turning its attention to building a giant AI language model that can support 1,000 different languages. The company believes that this will be a major breakthrough in terms of AI applications and will enable them to better understand the complexities of language.
The company has already built a smaller version of the model, which it calls the Google Neural Machine Translation system (GNMT). But the new model will be much larger and more complex, supporting a wider range of languages.
The project, which is called the Google... Continue reading
- PayPal Welcomes Venmo and BNPL Growth for Q3 Will Work with Apple Payment Products PayPal has announced that it will accept Apple's new payment products, Apple Pay and Apple Cash, as well as continue to invest in growth areas like Venmo and buy now, pay later (BNPL) products.
Venmo, PayPal's popular peer-to-peer payment app, continued to be a bright spot for the company. Venmo processed $37 billion in payments in the third quarter, up 72% from the same period last year.
PayPal also announced that it is expanding its partnership with Square to offer PayPal as a payment option on Square's e-commerce platform. The partnership will initially roll out to select sellers in the US and... Continue reading
- Unique Features of Updated Google Play Since last year, Google has published monthly breakdowns of all system updates, detailing new tools and features. Developers recently introduced us to the Kids Space, compromised password warnings, and new Wear OS functionality. A recent report concerns the Play Store and its Protect tool.
The first change concerns app page listings, which may not be as noticeable to regular users. Minor modifications to the system of permissions and requirements are aimed at allowing you to make a more informed decision when choosing products about whether you need to install a particular game or application. Publishers and developers will likely be the... Continue reading
- Spotify Runs New Audiobook Service The Spotify representatives officially announced the launch of a new service for listening to audiobooks. So far, this feature is available to users in the United States, but if the launch is successful, the geography will be expanded.
According to the official announcement, the service’s users will be able to view more than 300 000 titles and get an improved interface designed specifically for listening to audiobooks. For US users, along with podcasts and music, a section with audiobooks, as well as related recommendations, is now available. However, instead of making a general subscription to new functionality, you have the option... Continue reading
- Facebook Shuts Down Live Shopping The "live shopping" feature was launched on Facebook in 2018 in Thailand. After a period of testing, Facebook released this update, which promised to be successful. It was supposed to give entrepreneurs the ability to sell their goods interactively.
In 2020, the live shopping function became available to more Facebook users. At the same time, the service appeared on the Instagram platform. The online shopping function was supposed to be a good source of income for some entrepreneurs. And it was possible to sell both their products and the products of partners.
By implementing this option, Facebook adopted its experience from China,... Continue reading