Your Ultimate Guide to Starting Heists in GTA 5 Online
- Jan 14, 2024
Delve into the world of high-stakes theft and adrenaline-pumping action with Grand Theft Auto Online's heists. This guide will help you to step into the shoes of a criminal mastermind, orchestrating some of the most explosive and lucrative missions available in the game. Whether you're a seasoned veteran or a greenhorn to the mean streets of Los Santos, let's get you prepared to start heists and fill your virtual bank account.
Step 1: Meeting the Basic Requirements
Before you can start planning your first big score, there are a couple of boxes you'll need to tick:
- Rise Through the Ranks: You need to hit at least Rank 12 in GTA Online. This ensures you have enough experience in the game to tackle the challenges ahead.
- Home Base Setup: A high-end apartment is necessary for its planning room. Prices vary, but you'll need to shell out at least $200,000 to secure one.
Step 2: Becoming the Heist Leader
If you have the rank and the real estate, it's time to step up as the heist leader. Remember, this comes with financial responsibilities:
- You'll need to front the setup costs for the heist, so ensure you've got a sufficient bankroll.
- As a leader, you won't see a payday until the finale, but your final share will be more significant to compensate for the upfront investment.
Receive a call from Lester Crest to get started. He's the mastermind who assists in setting up the elaborate heists, and he'll provide you with all the information you need to begin.
Step 3: Planning the Heist
Gather your crew – friends, lobby-goers, or previous co-conspirators. You have full control as a leader:
- Decide who does what during the missions.
- Delegate tasks that play to the strengths of your team members.
Each heist involves several setup missions leading up to the final showdown. As a leader, you get to strategize and allocate resources accordingly.
Step 4: The Setup Missions
These are essential building blocks toward the grand finale. They might not be as profitable for you as the leader, but they are necessary steps in the journey:
- The crew members earn money for every setup mission, while the leader's payday is reserved for the end.
- Successfully completing setup missions unlocks the equipment and access needed for the final heist.
Step 5: Executing the Final Heist
With prep work done, it's time to execute the heist. This is where your leadership is put to the test:
- Strategy and timing are crucial. Make sure everyone knows their role and the plan of action inside out.
- Keep your cool under pressure. Unexpected challenges are almost guaranteed, so be ready to adapt.
Post-heist, the payouts are divvied up. The leader typically takes around 40% of the total take, rewarding the risk and investment they've put in from the start.
Step 6: Rinse and Repeat
After cashing in on your first heist, the world is your oyster. You can choose to:
- Invest your earnings into businesses and properties that provide a steady income and facilitate future heists.
- Purchase better gear and vehicles to improve your crew's performance in subsequent heists.
Each heist in GTA Online brings its unique flavor and challenges, so there's always something new to tackle with your team.
Heists in GTA Online are thrilling cooperative gameplay experiences that require preparation, teamwork, and a bit of moxie. As you go from rookie to revered heist leader, remember that your choices and leadership style significantly impact your crew's success. Embrace the world of heists, and you'll soon find yourself thriving on the thrills and spills of Los Santos' underground economy. Now, go forth and let the grand planning commence!